Friday, January 8, 2010

Family Prayer....

This morning as we were all around the breakfast table Bill said a family prayer, like we do most mornings, before he and the girls head out for the day. Sean was still sleeping so he was excused just like he is on most mornings. (I've learned never to wake a sleeping toddler if possible.) Most mornings there may be some squabble about sisters not wanting to hold hands, someone may be trying to eat breakfast during the prayer, someone may be rolling their eyes about one thing or another, or any number of things that are not things to do during a prayer.
Today was not too different from any other morning, but what happened made me laugh right out loud in the middle of the prayer which in turn made the girls join in on the laughter too. I guess you could say we weren't being very reverent, but Bill said this in his prayer and I just couldn't hold back the giggles, "....We are grateful to be sealed together in the temple so we can all fight with each other forever!...." Now, that is funny. You don't have to be a perfect little family in a constant state of peace and bliss to be a good family. You just have to try your best, and hope it works out in spite of all the little things that seem to go wrong.
Blinkie

3 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

We miss Bill.

Barbara said...

I laughed out loud just reading about it! You and Bill are doing a great job with your little family. And you do it with a sense of humor and realistic expectations.

C Tam said...

I love this story! My family of origin did consistent daily family prayer and scripture study, and it seemed to make ALL the difference for us kids, now as I look back on it. So Jerry and I are pretty committed to it as well. I'll keep your story in mind when we have kids old enough to protest at times.