Monday, June 6, 2011

When I grow up

Tonight I had an interesting and a funny conversation with Shannon, our eight year old. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up. It went something like this:

Me: "I know you wanna be just like me, The Queen, when you grow up."

Shan: "Ummm, no Mom. (Like duh!) I don't want to be like you when I grow up."

Me: "Well, what Are your plans then little missy?"

Shan: "I'm gonna have a job as an ice skater and a fashion designer."

Me: "So, you're not going to stay home with your kids just like me?"

Shan: "Nope. (Without a moment of hesitation by the way.) The dad in my family is going to stay home with our kids. Some people do that you know. Yep, I'm gonna live in L. A. too and go to American Idol shows whenever I want."

Wow! Ice skating in L.A., who knew? I can't remember what I wanted to be when I was a kid, but I'm sure it wasn't nearly as cool as all of that. Can't wait to see what she does when she grows up, and to remind her of this little conversation one day. Good times.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

i love the perspective of little kids. So full of hope and possibility!