In honor of her 11th birthday here are 11 things that I love about Erin......in random order, btw.
Erin.......
1. is my great debater (She gets that from her dad.) and most of the time I'm amused by her logic and ability to express herself.
2. loves little kids and is quite good at helping them and entertaining them too.
3. has a great sense of humor and loves a good joke.
4. loves, loves, loves to read....especially at night after she is suppose to be in bed asleep. (Gets that from me. Hahaha!)
5. can find the kid that is left out and include them in games or groups at school.
6. is a great pianist and often practices without reminders.
7. can memorize with very little effort.
8. loves school and learning.
9. has an imagination that is out of this world.
10. has a soft spot for animals of most all kinds and will likely never hunt with her old man because she doesn't have the heart for it.
11. tries really hard to do the right thing and has a good sense of direction when it comes to making good decisions and trying to live a good Christian life with strong morals and values. I often call her my straight arrow although she isn't perfect because well, none of us are perfect. Erin often keeps me on track. She is never short of opinions and often lets me know when I'm off course. Love that girl, and wish this list were longer. I have so much more to say.
Erin wanted a Harry Potter decorations for her birthday including her own small version of Honeydukes, the sweet shoppe from the Harry Potter movies. We bought most of the sweets, but she wanted to make a few here at home.
So, we got a official unofficial Harry Potter recipe book and made lemon drops. Well......errr, the candy turned out perfect but it was hard to drop into little small mouth-sized drops. I finally just drizzled it all over the baking sheet in random globs. The kids loved it even though it looked horrid.
One last picture of Erin starting her Harry Potter Lego set for the Burrow. Lots and lots of building. Lots and lots of wishing for more playmobil and lego sets. Guess we'll have to see what Santa brings. Ha. I didn't take a pic of the finished lego project either. Always something else to do.
Happy Birthday, Erin!
(As a reminder, we are going private. I've received emails and comments from many of you. I didn't publish the comments with your personal email addresses, but I did get them. If you want to keep up with our family, send me your email address at jenn.dermody@gmail.com or leave me a comment here on the blog. Thanks.)



1 comment:
Yay! I've been waiting for the birthday post and more pictures!
Erin is my favorite 11 year old too! So glad she loves the Playmobile House. I was a little surprised to see it on her list too until I realized it was a building set.
I enjoyed reading 11 things you love about Erin! I love that girl too!!
Post a Comment