A couple of months ago we were having dinner with some family friends. It was a really long drive, but only because we got stuck in traffic on the pike. By the time we rolled in the driveway one of our kids was in complete meltdown mode....tired, grumpy, hungry, and completely disagreeable and feeling unsociable.
I will always remember what one of our friends said to us about our unhappy little camper. It was a simple thought that could have easily passed me by...in one ear and out the other as my mom would say, but I did catch it and we use this saying all the time now with ourselves and our kids. I should send him a thank you note for this little pearl of wisdom. It's made a big difference.
The advice was "Choose a different mood." It was said that when one of their five kids found themselves in 'that' kind of mood, the saying in their home was "Choose a different mood." Happiness is a choice. We decide our mood, not the events or circumstances of our lives. There are examples of people all around us who are choosing to make the best of less than ideal circumstances. Take a look now and then, it's inspiring and contagious.
So today I choose to be happy. I choose to see the glass as half full and recognize all the blessings I have in my life. I choose to be grateful and acknowledge that it could always be worse. Speaking of positive things, I am feeling better thanks to several days of more powerful medicines. I am actually going to leave the house today and get some things done that I delayed earlier this week. Sending happy thoughts to each of you. We all deserve to be happy and have a great day.




No comments:
Post a Comment