Monday, November 2, 2009

All alone.....

One day last week after all the family was tucked in bed and fast asleep I found myself all alone in front of the tv with complete and total control of the remote. Muah-ha-ha-ha! What to watch? I knew one thing for sure, I was not going to watch anything that was animated or that had even one teenage pop star, disney channel star, or anyone that was posted on my tween daughters' bedroom wall. All my normal options were not impressing me much so I did what my kids do, I hit the ever reliable "on demand" button on my remote control. Wow! A whole world at my fingertips!
I surfed through more options than I had ever realized existed in the "on demand" section, and finally made a selection. What caught my attention? A little show called CMT's Crossroads, where country music singers are paired with rock singers and such. What a little slice of heaven after a long week of way too many chores, responsibilities, and sick kids. Two of my two all time favorites, Heart (Ann and Nancy Wilson) and Wynonna!!!! I'm telling you it was just what I needed to silence that little, albeit loud, inner voice that always calculates all the things I didn't get done at the end of the day instead of just celebrating all those things I did do, but that's a topic for another post.
It's true that I am a sucker for music. I love it in almost all it's forms. So as I watched Heart and Wynonna, I noticed the volume creeping up a little louder, and a little louder, and a little louder. Then I hear this voice, "Hey barracuda, turn that down. There are people trying to sleep around here!" Woops! You only live once, and you just have to take those moments of recharging when they come. Well, this little private concert ended around 1 AM, and I went to bed with electric guitars and power rock voices swirling through my mind instead of all that other junk. Ahhhhhh! What a night!


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

you totally deserved that...I am so happy :)Barracuda? :)

Lisa said...

I love Wynonna and Heart! I must say your taste is supreme. Glad you got to have a little escape!

Lisa said...

BTW - I can totally hear my brother saying that!

Jenn said...

Barracuda - a title to a Heart song. I was just playing around with words there! Sorry for the confusion. (No, it isn't some nickname with a really cool or embarrassing story behind it! LOL.)