Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

This year was an extraordinary Easter weekend. Maybe it was so wonderful because the weather in New England was absolutely perfect, not typical at all, but much appreciated. Perhaps it was such a great weekend because of all our fabulous friends that we spent time with this weekend. What blessings good friends can bring to your life!!! Maybe being loaded on a two day sugar high might have had something to do with a magical Easter weekend or perhaps it was that all of my kids still confess to believe in the Easter Bunny, though I have my doubts about Erin. She seems to still believe or maybe she's afraid to say anything fearing an empty basket!!! ( BTW, which would never happen!!!!) Sleeping in until 10:30 on Sunday morning perhaps had a lot to do with a happy weekend. Life is easier to deal with when one has adequate sleep! Oh how I do love to sleep in!
Yes, I think all of those things contributed to a fabulous holiday, but those are not my favorite reasons even though I love all of them. For me, this year seemed to be perfect because of a few things. I felt a good balance between "fun" Easter and a "spiritual" Easter. I love when Easter weekend falls on the same weekend as General Conference. Love it. It was fun to color eggs, hunt eggs, scurry about on the errand of the "bunny", and eat loads of sugar. It was even better to hear to words of the prophet, apostles, and others helping me to focus more completely on the life, atonement, and resurrection of Jesus Christ! There were some great messages that I needed to hear. Perhaps most of all I enjoyed having so much family time. There's just something special about having some extra bonding time together, and we truly enjoyed our time together. We had our moments of controlled chaos, sibling bickering, and so on, but that's alright.
Well, enough blabbering! We hope you all had a wonderful Easter too! It's my favorite holiday. Yes, even before Christmas!!! "Hoppy" Easter from the Dermody Family, a day late, but a heartfelt wish none the less!

2 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

Happy Birthday Dermodys! The baskets are beautifully decorated. ANd very FULL! Looks like a great holiday for your family.

Jenn said...

Guilty when it comes to filling the baskets full, but all the plastics eggs are empty! Empty, empty, empty! Every year we seem to get more and more eggs!