
We had a wonderful Father's Day, even though I had a wicked awful headache and had to speak in sacrament meeting. (That's always fun!) The kids made Bill a stepping stone. The girls are into crafts now, and so it was fun. Sean Patrick didn't quite grasp the concept, but he joined in to help even though he kept shoving his pieces of colored glass down way to deep. We redid most of his work, but not all of it. Hahahaha. Shhhhhh, don't tell him we did that!

Sean Patrick and Daddy had a bit of male bonding time as Sean helped Bill eradicate our yard of chipmunks and squirrels. We have LOTS of them, and those darn little chipmunks are ruining our yard digging tunnels everywhere. The girls don't think this is fun or appropriate. Shannon keeps telling Bill "Don't kill Theodore!" Bill's answer is always the same, "I won't kill any chipmunks that are wearing glasses!" Shannon is then satisfied with that answer, sure that all is right in the world and Theodore will not die now, while Erin always chimes in with, "Dad, Theodore doesn't wear glasses that one in Simon!" Kids are funny. So here's a picture of Bill and Sean's first "hunt!" Ewwwwww, it's not my thing, but I don't oppose it either.

Growing up without a father in the home was hard, to say the least, but I believe that because of that childhood experience I appreciate more completely the blessing of a loving, involved, righteous father in the home. So even though we have privately expressed our love and appreciation for our Daddy this past weekend, may I now publicly say that he means everything to us in all ways imaginable and we love and appreciate him beyond the capacity to express that love in written words.
No comments:
Post a Comment