Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Last year at our ward Halloween party Shannon was devastated that she didn't win a prize for her pink princess costume. So this year she was on a mission. I prepped her before the party with the whole speech of it's not about winning, it's just for fun....blah, blah, blah! Well, as luck would have it, Shannon won 1st Place with her Cleopatra costume. Wahoo! She's still packing around that little plastic trophy as if it were made of pure, solid gold. Life is good!



Sean was supposed to be a Dalmatian puppy, but as soon as he laid eyes on the superhero costumes he announced defiantly, "Mom, I am NOT gonna be a dog!" (Over and over again!) Hahahahaha. He won that battle and he was Spiderman this year. Erin wanted to be something original and that idea turned out to be a can of sprite. It was the first, and last I might add, time I will make a costume for the kids. I've been of the opinion that my time and sanity is worth more than the saved money when it comes to costumes. Yep, I still have that opinion although I do like how the sprite can turned out. Erin was happy so it's all good.



Can a post about Halloween be complete without a picture of happy trick or treaters and their loot!? I think not. They have more candy than they need. Bill and I let them eat candy for dinner. Yep, we are the coolest parents in the world.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the crumbs, Jenn! Haha! Love the photos! My favorite is the top photo of the beaming Cleopatra with her trophy!

Jenn said...

That's my favorite pic too! =)