2010 is officially over and gone with it the neglecting of my blog (in theory at least). Sadly I must admit that I'm not always in the Christmas "mood" every year, but this year I was full of the Christmas spirit. (Well, except for the shopping part, but that's not the Christmas spirit part as far as I'm concerned. I love the giving part, just not the actual gathering/shopping part!)
In keeping with many of the priority changes I made in 2010, we spent most of our time over the Christmas season together as a family. We went to several events for work or church and attended a few gatherings of friends which we completely enjoyed, but for the most part we spent time together baking, shopping, wrapping gifts, watching DVDs and eating popcorn, a few outings every now and then, playing board games, trying to solve the 3x3 and 4x4 rubix cubes, reading books, playing the piano......just to name a few. As my BFF would say, "These are the best of times!" Indeed, I concur.
I'm sad that my kids will go back to school soon. I want to just lock us into this moment for longer. I've completely enjoyed it. Bill even built some shelves in the garage over this past week! (Thank you Adam Bird!!!!!) What more could a girl want? I'm content and happy!!!
Before you think I live in a magical fairyland or something, there are some things I could live without during my season of utopia. Like, sibling bickering, cooking three meals for 5 people everyday, washing more clothes and dishes, too much kid TV, waiting for a turn on the computer, potty training, not mailing Christmas cards this year or last (whoops)......you get the drift. All the necessary evils I could do without. It wasn't enough to spoil my mood though! Sa-weet!
We hope you each had a memorable Christmas season celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! We love each of you. God bless and prosper you in 2011!!!!





1 comment:
Love the pictures! What a cute Santa House and Toy Shop! The kids did such a good job of building and decorating them. Sean looks genuinely pleased with his rocket, and the box! It took a BIG box to mail that rocket! Ha,ha,ha!
We love and miss you all, especially over the holidays!
Post a Comment