Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mystic Aquarium

Over Christmas break we ventured out to Mystic Aquarium in CT. (Better than the New England Aquarium, in my opinion!) Several of the exhibits are outdoors, but the day was sunny even though it was a bit cold. Here are some of our favorite pics!



The staff was handing out washable markers for visitors to write messages to the whales. The kids really enjoyed this because they are not allowed to write on walls at home.....even though I could provide evidence that this rule is not always obeyed.







Sean's favorite little viewing spot. Inside the tunnel there are windows to view an aquarium as if from the inside of a sunken ship.






Jelly Fish, I love to watch them. They are soothing, but I do not like to swim with them. Nope.












Fun show with the sea lions. Sean still pretends to be Cocoa, the sea lion.












Erin was totally captivated by the sea lion show. (This is one of the only pics I have of Erin from this trip. She knows mom puts pictures on the blog, so she is camera shy.)











One of the Beluga whales! Love 'em!














That's all! I like this pic. Not sure why, but I was the caboose of the Dermody train making sure I had tabs on all my peeps!

2 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

What an amazing aquarium. Wish we could have been with you.

C Tam said...

Mystic Aquarium was on our list of places to go, but we didn't make it during our short 6 month stint in MA. Rats. We did go to the Mystic Seaport, which seems not to have been as much fun as your aquarium trip. Cute photos. Your kids are growing up so much.