Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh no.....

This is what my fridge/freezer looks like today....and yesterday, and part of Saturday too! Oh mercy me. It just decided to quit without warning. Thankfully this happened in the winter when the great outdoors is one big refrigerator....and freezer too! It has been a big ol' pain in the you know what!
Luckily, we only lost some of the freezer stuff, and all the fridge stuff is in several coolers in the garage. I have a renewed gratitude for modern conveniences because this method of storing food is no picnic. So, think of me when I'm putting on my coat, gloves, boots, and changing from shorts into long pants just to gather ingredients for cooking or Sean's unquenchable taste for milk. (Inside our house it's a balmy 72+ degrees. Love that wood-burning stove!) I didn't realized how many times we go in and out of the fridge. I'm grateful that it's not worse because it could always be worse. Knock on wood. Hopefully tomorrow the repair man will know just what's wrong, and have the part in stock, to fix it in a hurry. I think we are going out to dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sorry to hear that. I can so relate to unexpected disasters - we sure had one of our own last week. So glad I can keep in touch with you and your cute family on your blog!!!