Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sean's Hero

Recently our Bishop's son, Kyle, returned home from his mission, California - San Jose. Sean Patrick is 'star' struck. Every day when he wakes up he starts talking about Kyle. It's Kyle this and Kyle that.  We even have to fix his hair like Kyle's.  When we get to church Sean searches for Kyle and wants to sit near him.  We also have to find Kyle before we can leave the church when the meetings are over.
I have to admit that I use the "Kyle" name when I'm trying to get Sean to do stuff like eat his veggies or clean his room.  It works every time. Kyle eats his veggies, brushes his teeth, and cleans at his house.  Hahaha. Kyle likes to wear sweaters and khaki pants.  (Not sure if Kyle really likes those things or not.) You get the picture.
It's really cool.  Our family was talking about how blessed we are to be surrounded by so many good people in our ward, stake, and community.  It's nice for our little five year old to have heroes who are returned missionaries or soon-to-be missionaries.  Young men who are trying to do the right thing and to live good lives.  Our ward has a good group of young men from many families.  Sean adores them and many of these young men are so kind to pay attention to a little guy who idolizes them. He watches all the boys in our ward as they pass the sacrament and talk in the halls.  Sean talks about the day when he will do what the 'big boys' do. As a mother I take mental snapshots of my little Sean with his 'big boys.' I hope he grows up to be just like them and that one day some little future five year old will want to be just like him.

No comments: