This project has been several weeks in the working or at least in the think tank of my brain. Previously, I had three calendars. All for different reasons. A couple of weeks ago I combined them all into one, all inclusive, not enough space in the date square calendar. Quite frankly, it's a mess. I missed several little things here and there because of calendar clutter. So this morning, in a moment (or two), of frustration the color coded calendar was born, and I like it.
I hope this works because I'm at a loss as to what else I would do. I mean, what comes after color coding your schedule? Every time a little something slips my attention I think, arrrgh, the devil is in the details. I can't count how many times I've said that lately. It is gonna be the details that kill me, the details or my lack of attention to them, that are gonna sink my ship. Then what? Swimming? More like treading water? How do you people seem to have it all together?
So tonight I looked up that phrase, the devil is in the details, to find it's origin. The devilish details of that are kinda boring, so google it if you must know, but it is actually a phrase that is a derivative of this saying, "God is in the details!" Well amen brother, I'm a changed woman. Hallelujah. I've just had another paradigm shift. Sometimes, most of the time, it all just perspective. Silly me. God is in the details, not the devil. It's God in the details of my life that helps me figure out how to get the devil out. So devil of confusion, devil of chaos, devil of frustration, devil of "I can't do this!", devil of doubt, devil of all the craziness get out of my details! Ha, so there! God is in my details. Go Away!




4 comments:
I love this paradigm shift! Thanks for sharing!
That's awesome! And I am not surprised your calendar is color coded. I love it. When you figure out how to keep it all together, let me know. I'm already treading water. :)
When you write a book, let me know, I'll be the first in line to buy it!! I love reading what you right! You have such a way with words!!
love ya!
have fun with your rainbow!
think I'll try it too!!!
Okay, I read it. I got something from it but I confess I am mesmerized by the cute little yellow guy with the pointing finger :)
Post a Comment