Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jeffrey R. Holland Rocks!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints held it's semiannual conference this weekend, and as usual it was fantastic. I personally set aside the time to watch all four sessions via the internet in our home. I haven't always done this in the past, but rather I opted to watch the most popular session, the Sunday morning session. I figured that I could just read the other talks later when the Ensign was published in the following November issue.
Since then, I have conscientiously made the choice that I not only could find the time with careful planning, but that I needed to watch all four sessions. I still go back and watch some talks again, and then later read them as well. It's only once every six months anyway.
I'm not passing judgement on anyone else for making different choices, but I just wanted to make an observation and a suggestion. If you missed the Sunday afternoon session today, then you missed out. Reading Jeffrey R Holland's talk will not be the same as watching it. It is indeed something you must witness. It is powerful and passionate. I will always remember this particular moment in conference. Thanks to modern technology, it's not too late to see it. I highly recommend that if you watch nothing else, you should watch this. It's amazing.
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints " We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth." ( The 6th Article of Faith) This man is a modern apostle with the sacred responsibility to be a special witness of Jesus Christ specifically for us today. He has the same responsibilities as did other apostles of Jesus' time such as Peter, James, and John. I believe him to be a true apostle of God, watch and hear what he has to say.
For whatever reason the talk is split into two parts on youtube. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I agree - his talk was so powerful and moving. I love conference. You feel so uplifted afterward and renewed!

Debster said...

Elder Holland Rocks! He just spoke at our Stake conf. and if you think he was powerful at general conference you should have heard him talk to the youth of our Stake. Conference was great!!!

Lisa said...

Jeffrey R. Holland is a very powerful speaker and has always been one of my faves.

Thank you for posting this talk. I may have to watch it again!