On Saturday we went to Keene, NH for their annual pumpkin festival. Both girls registered a total of three pumpkins. Erin carved two, and Shannon carved one. Other than Bill helping them with the gutting of the pumpkins, the girls drew their own faces and carved them all by themselves. They were a bit disappointed to realize that once registered the pumpkins had to stay at the festival for everyone else to enjoy.
This was an amazing event to attend. Be prepared for loads of people, over 60,000 in attendance this year, and lots and lots of pumpkins. This year there were 29,068 carved pumpkins. It was pretty spectacular to see them all lining the sidewalks of the main street either on the ground, shelves, or huge scaffolds. I would recommend going early with little kids as the crowds get larger at night. You should mark your calendars to attend next year! For inquiring minds, more details can be found here at the official website for the Keene, NH Pumpkin Festival.
December stuff
7 years ago



4 comments:
That looks so fun!! It has been on my list to go and do....but teenagers have other plans so I may go solo and partake of the spirit of the season. Looks like you had a great family time.
Jean, I think it is over for this year, but I wouldn't mind going for an experience of the festival free from my little peeps. Maybe we should pencil in next year? What cha think?
Marked on the calendar sis!! The other one that is on my wish list is to go see the cranberry BOGS the first weekend in OCT. If you want to .....Pencil that one in.
Hey, I do want to do that. I didn't realize that I already missed it this year. Done. It have marked it with my mighty pencil. LOL.
Post a Comment