Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's on the menu?

So today I had one of those days that I would have just rather stayed home asleep in my warm and cozy bed, but no! I had things at church to do, and so I drug myself away from all that comfort and completed my normal rush around Sunday rat race and I did it all with a smile on my face! Honestly, once I got to church I quite enjoyed myself, but I still would have rather been in bed or at home with a blankie, a diet coke, and a seat in front of the hearth.
While driving home I wondered what to make for lunch since we had our traditional Sunday lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup on Saturday. The worst part of preparing a meal, for me at least, is deciding what to prepare. Once I know what it is I'm cooking, I'm good. So, today, since I am hanging on at the end of my rope (at least I haven't slipped off), I decided to ask the kids. I asked, "If you could have anything for lunch today, what would you want? "Well, between the three of them this is what we had for lunch.


Smoked beef jerky sticks
marshmallows
chocolate chips
cheese
graham crackers
popcorn
hot chocolate
candy canes

Now isn't that nutritious? On my behalf I would like to add that they were very happy that I agreed, and it was quick and easy! I know you wish this is what you had for lunch today too?!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

really you are only missing fruit and veggies and that isn't so bad :)

Lisa said...

I LOVE YOU!!!! You make me feel like there's nothing so wrong with me after all! :)

Brownie Bites said...

You are awesome. I need more Jenn in my life. That's for sure!!!

BTW- my word verification was foodles. I thought that was funny.