For a long time I tried to help my kids get over their need to carry around that certain blanket, but now that Sean is my last little "Linus," I find myself reminiscing about my kids and their blankets. I know where each blanket came from or who made them, when we "met" each blanket as they each have their own personality, and more importantly I know where each blanket has been and it's history. Ahhhh, the memories.
Erin made this most recent trip without her blankets, which are now barely recognizable as blankets. Shannon gave hers up more readily and with little fuss, so she was the first the leave them behind. Sean, well, one day when he is ready, he will leave behind his "friend" and move on too. Not sure why I am feeling so sentimental about silly little things like favorite blankets, but my babies are growing older, too fast, and I think that I'm gonna miss many of the little things that come with "little" people and their creature comforts. Awww shucks, and to think I have been on a high-speed track to move past the diapers, bottles, blankets, mashed food, strollers, cribs, bibs, binkies, snap-between-the-legs clothes, and such. Now I find that a small part of me will miss it. Just a small part, but a tender one.
Others who have gone before me on this parenting adventure said that one day I would miss this stuff, but I didn't believe. I am still not a total believer, but I am starting to see the picture come into focus. I am happy about the future and I can't help but wonder, What else will I miss one day? Perhaps it will be the things that drive me the most crazy now. Perhaps?!



1 comment:
Me too, Jenn. I'm not feeling the babies fade away yet, but the older Sydney gets, the more I realize how fast time flies and how quickly she's growing into a young lady. Love ya!
Post a Comment