Wednesday, February 11, 2009

If it were only that easy....



Yesterday I was working out on my elliptical, amazing I know, and Sissy was watching with high interest in the machine and the whole exercise thing. We had the following conversation:

Sissy: "Mom, is this what you do to get skinny?"

Me: "Yes, it's the only way to get skinny. You must exercise!"

Shannon then walked over and stood right beside me and put her hand on the outside of my upper leg. She suddenly got wide-eyed, wonder and excitement filled her expressions, and I could tell the wheels in her little braining where spinning fast.  

Sissy: "Wow mom! I can feel you getting skinnier. I bet if you go faster you will get skinny faster. I can feel it working. Go faster mom, go faster! It's working, it's working. Yeah, you are getting skinny!"

Me: "You mean you can see me actually getting skinnier right now?"

Sissy: "YES! I can feel it too, right here on your leg. Go faster!"

Me: "This is great, at this rate I can the thin before Daddy comes home from work in an hour and a half. Sweet. He will be so surprised!"

Sissy: "Yes mommy! Go, go, go!"

Sometimes I wish the world really worked the way Sissy views it!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

completely and totally the best blog ever.....I am still cracking up. I am definitely going to try this method. I think she is a future Denis Austen :)

Kelly Tillotson said...

I'm in the market for a good elliptical, what magical kind do you have? I need to be skinny soon! :)

Jenn said...

Octane Fitness Q37!