Sunday, February 8, 2009

Asthma and toe walking

Lately it seems like one thing or another keeps us home from church, today it's Erin. Recently Erin was diagnosed with asthma. It's not really a big deal, we have suspected that she has had asthma for a while now. Now, I think she is allergic to her asthma meds. Blast!!! Well, it will have to wait until tomorrow for a doc visit. We seem to belong to a religious practice and they are all observing their day of rest on this rare, warm winter Sunday morning. I am sure that a trip to the emergency room is not necessary so tomorrow it is!
One more thing about Erin. She is a toe walker and has been for as long as I can remember. It is due to a short or tight achilles tendon or so I am told. We are just starting down this road as far as what to do about it goes, so I am wondering if anyone happens to know anything about treatments, PT, surgery, etc. I am conflicted about this and what to do. It seems that finding people who have gone through this is not readily available on the internet. I have read opinions, quite strong ones I might add, about this on both sides. I have done lots of reading about it, but I am looking for someone with personal experience or who has a kid with this that I can talk to. No worries, just doing my homework! I have debated about even posting this, but my inquiring mind has gotten the best of me. Email or comment if you can help. Thanks.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Since we had to have Brock's tendons cut I admit that's something that I am going to be on the look out for. I try to massage and stretch his heels every night before I put on his brace. But I know Logan bird has always been a toe walking You should talk to Jean!