Sunday, August 2, 2009

Just What I Needed...

Today I had the privilege of attending a baptism. It was the baptism of a woman I don't even really know. Truly I know her name and tiny bits of her life story and that is all. I felt compelled to attend her baptism. I knew she had only been to my church twice, counting today, and that the missionaries have been teaching her for a couple of weeks. What a wonderful experience to witness her baptism. After rising from beneath the waters of baptism she raised her arms slightly and said, "Hallelujah!" Tears filled her eyes and she looked completely happy. I was touched and renewed. I connected with her enthusiasm, humility, gratitude, and conversion. I know she was a seeker of the truth, and it was sweet to see that she had found what she was searching for.
Words escape my limited ability to express myself in the written word. I believe the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to be the restored church of Jesus Christ. I've known that for a very long time. While I believe other churches are wonderful organizations that do so much good for so many people, I believe the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to be a more complete package with restored authority and current revelation through Jesus Christ to a living prophet. Today I've spent a notable amount of time reflecting on the things I know and how that knowledge has made all the difference, a positive and powerful difference, in my life.
On YouTube there are wonderful little short videos called Mormon Messages. Each video explains what we as mormons believe on a variety of different topics. Here is an example of one of them. I invite you to view it, and learn a little about what we, what I personally, believe to be true.
(Before you watch the video, you may want to turn down my music located at the bottom of this page.)


No comments: