
Lately I've been thinking about how things change. Usually when this topic entertains my thoughts it's all about butterflies, tadpoles, or seeds growing into flowers, veggies, or fruit. The beginning or ending of change is typically my focus, the birth of something or the death of another. Then while canning two bushels of pears this past weekend, I realized that rarely, if ever, do things change only once. In fact most things go through several stages or seasons during it's life span. Well duh, I knew this already, but let's just say a had a paradigm shift about how I feel about those stages of life in the middle.

I think of all the hard work that goes into canning pears or peaches. I like how the whole process starts with a table full of fruit, and then ends with quarts of sweetness stacked neatly on my storage shelves. I like how the process starts with pure, raw fruit and then transforms into to something better, something sweeter (if you can with as much sugar as I do!), something that can be preserved for a longer period of time than if left in it's original state. Change is good, and if done properly, with lots of hard work, the end results are worth all the mess of the process when finished.

So with all that said and done about peaches, pears, and canning, behold the birth of my latest change, the change of being the newly called Young Women president in my ward. Just when I thought I was getting a handle on my life, then comes the change. Then comes the process, the middle part, a new season of service, and all the ups and downs that come with it. I still can't piece together all the components of my life as wife, mother, servant, sister, aunt, taxi driver, chef, laundress, lupus patient, educator, friend, to name a few, into to one glorious logistical plan. In fact the more I try to merge them all, the more I realize that it's a futile exercise. I'm am just taking one big leap of faith, which is a dramatic understatement, and trusting that God will pull me through this just like He has always done before. I know that all things are possible through God, even those things that seem impossible or illogical to me. In the end, I know it will be worth the process in the middle. I can't wait to see what challenges and joys are waiting around the corner, but for right now, it's time for piano lessons!
4 comments:
So you are in the process of getting sugar added to you so you can be neatly stacked? :) Where am I in the process? :)
My momma tried to add sugar to me, and neatly stack me, but it never took. If I knew what the process was, I wouldn't need a leap of faith! :D
First of all, your pantry looks awesome! (Do you think you have enough baking soda?)
As for Young Women's. Babe, you have this calling nailed. I loved serving with you in Ogden. Your final picture is awesome, popcorn, coke and crocs included.
Here's to good canning!
Karin, one can never have too much baking soda right? It's from Costco, and with one purchase my soda needs are met for one whole year or at least my soda needs that don't come laced with caffeine! I should add that to my list, caffeine!
I saw all of your canning pics, I should have left a comment for you! You rocked out those jars my friend. I'm just glad it's over for now! Indeed, here's to canning!
I'm glad to hear you have such confidence with the YW thing. I think about being in YW in Ogden often, about what we did right or where we could have improved. There are things I would change now, things I worried about that didn't really matter, and things where more focus could have been devoted. I certainly learned a lot! Remember the time we showed the girls "Grease!" Oh my, I would certainly not do that again. Love those girls, still to this day. It's been fun to come across some of them on fb and blogs. Ahhhh, those were good times.
Oh alright, I'm done writing another post now instead of a simple brief comment like, "Thanks, and I love ya sis!"
Post a Comment