Shannon started gymnastics last week, and totally loves it. I'm fairly sure she will not be the next gymnastic super star, but the classes have been helpful with conquering her little fears and gaining more self confidence. It's been fun to watch her learn and grow.
Another wildlife siting in the back yard. Almost every morning you can spot a deer eating apples, I think it's the same deer though. Who knows for sure? Not me. Funny thing is that they always eat the apples and never the pears.
It's canning time again. Canning is not for the faint of heart. It's hard work, but I love the results. A friend and I canned 40 quarts of peaches on Thursday. Wow! Don't they look great!? Next week pears. I may do 40 quarts just for myself because the kids love them so much. We shall see if there is time to squeeze in that many quarts of pears into the already full schedule.
Vinyl lettering, I love it! I put this up late last night between my kitchen and dining room. Kohl's has the kits right now, buy one, get one free! Sweet. I still have one more to do, but I like it some much that I may go back for two more. We have been in our new house for almost a year now, I guess it's time to completely move in, finish the unpacking (ugh), and decorate!
So there you have it, a tiny glimpse into what has pulled me away from the computer this week. Gotta run. Lots to do before the adult session of Stake Conference tonight! Muah!



4 comments:
the lettering looks so nice.....be sure to post a picture of the free one :)
I'd sure love it if you'd teach me how to can next time we're together. I've always wanted to know how and I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff!!
Lisa, canning is easy, and tons more fun with a friend. If I can do it, any one can! It's a date then, just when?!?
I'm just afraid my family will die of botulism or something. Strawberry freezer jam is about the extent of my fruit preservation. Kind of a bummer because canned fruit tastes so good!
I dunno.... why didn't we do it when you were out here? Shoot! Missed my chance!
Post a Comment