I totally stole this idea off of my friend Karin's blog. Karin is the friend that just keeps on giving. The idea was originally from Family Fun magazine. The kids had a blast. It was a bit messy too, but who cares. It's really simple. Whip up your favorite boxed white cake mix. Divide into 6 bowls, and then use food coloring to make your favorite colors. Spoon into lined muffin tins, and bingo, you have rainbow cupcakes. Well, you do have to bake them according to the directions on the box too! Just sayin'. As a side note, it's really hard to get 24 cupcakes using this method, but 18 works out really nicely. We have made these twice now, two days in a row. Shannon wants to make them again for her birthday. Thanks again Karin!!!
December stuff
7 years ago



2 comments:
What a fun activity...fun to make, fun to eat! What's a little mess when it makes your kids so happy!
Looks like you had as much fun as we did. Sydney was disappointed when she saw you made rainbow frosting as well. I guess I dropped the ball there.
Post a Comment