Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Tooth Fairy comes again.....

If any of you had a chance to talk to Shannon today at church then you already know that she had a loose tooth. She told anyone and everyone who would listen all about that tooth. This afternoon she asked me to pull it out for her. Oh mercy me. Bill was having one of those marathon church days, and he wasn't home yet. So.......that leaves me to do the tooth pulling.
Well, I learned something about myself today, I am not a tooth puller. Ewwwww, there's just something wrong about yanking on a tooth hard enough to pull out. Nasty. I finally gave up and persuaded her to wait for her daddy. She wasn't happy about that, but she consented. Phew!
Bill came home and within minutes Shannon had him on the tooth pulling job. Sure enough, Dad gave it a good yank and a twist and out it came. This is not Shannon's first pulled tooth. The dentist pulled four bottom teeth last summer, and Shannon was a trooper. She never complained once, but this time was different. No pain medicine to numb the gums. Not good. Then blood. I learned something about Shannon today too. She does not handle blood very well. She was screaming and bawling, and I literally thought she was gonna ralph, but somehow she held it together even though she was green. What an ordeal that was. Glad that's over for a little while, at least until the next loose tooth is ready to be forcibly removed.

No comments: