My taste or stlye for antiques is no where near my "antiques" budget. Come to think of it, I have no category of my budget dedicated to antiques at all. None. I could have easily, if I had it, spent thousands of dollars on curios, card catalog style cabinets, china hutches, chairs, and "stuff". There was some really amazing furniture I would love to have. Then there was some serious junk. I kept thinking about that old saying "One man's junk is another man's treasure." For sure. I could have set up my own booth with all the junk I threw away of my Granny's when she passed away. Go figure.
So here's what I could afford to buy today, and I love my "finds"!
Iron shelf brackets for a new mantle over the wood-burning hearthstone. We had to take down the other mantle because it was not fireproof.
Erin loves rocks, and has started a collections of rocks, minerals, geodes, arrowheads, shark teeth, fossils, and things of that sort......
So, I bought one of these, an old typesetter drawer, to hang in her room and display her collection. I love, love, love this, and will more than likely buy more at some point for future projects.
Lastly, just because many of you have asked what made me shop for myself for Mother's Day this year.....here they are. One of my bathrooms is decorated in butterflies with the colors of blues, browns, and creams. I found this box which now holds exactly 12 double rolls of toilet paper. Exciting I know, but it just worked for the bathroom. The other is a CD/DVD storage cabinet that I just fell in love with for no particular reason. I just like it! So there you have it! Lots of shopping, and I'm not really a shopper, but it was fun, fun, fun!



2 comments:
I'm glad you had fun and I love your star!! It will be back again in July...:)
Jenn, it looks like your inner shopper has been released! Ha,ha! Enjoy your great "finds"!
Post a Comment