Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's been two years.....

The 2 year anniversary of our family blog slipped by me on the 7th of this month! I can hardly believe it! I never thought I would have so much fun blogging. It's been a blast, a fun way to journal, reconnect with friends, and keep up with family. I have never blogged with the intention of creating a huge following, earning money from adds, or winning "blog" awards. I mostly blog for my family who all live far, far away. I do appreciate all of you who drop by and read my postings even though my mood, health, or schedule doesn't always allow for more frequent posts. I know most of you, and thank you for such a sweet connection.
Some of my favorite things about blogging and/or reading other blogs are the sense of community I feel with people who live far away or even near by. I've realized that I'm not the only one struggling to be the best mom I can be. I've learned there is always someone with way bigger problems than my own. I've learned that kids provide some of the funniest sayings, and the best stories because there's nothing like a child's perspective. I've learned where to find some really good deals with coupons, codes, or discount sales. I've learned that just because you can write or share something, doesn't mean that you should. I've read some really shocking and rude things out there. I just ignore or block those things though when I come across them. Mostly, I've found great advice, inspiring testimonies, new ideas, immense support, fabulous recipes, really good book recommendations, unconditional love, and unwavering friendship all through blogs. I just really love it!
So thanks again for reading when you can. I never thought anyone would ever want to read anything I ever wrote on a blog. I also know that you may not enjoy reading everything I have to say, but thanks for humoring me! I'm really having fun. =)

No comments: