
I am boycotting resolutions this year! I always make them, and I always break them. I make out long noble lists of things to accomplish like never ever yelling at my kids ever again, reading my scriptures in conjunction with the Sunday School study guide and institute manual, homemade meals every night, wrinkle free clothes, a perfectly clean home, and so on and so forth. You get the picture. Essentially I try to be perfect, and it's no wonder that I go down in a ball of flames by the 3rd or 4th of January every year.
This year I have made a couple, just two, of well thought out promises to myself. Keeping promises is a big deal to me. I think of the lengths I go through to keep promises that I have made to others. I will bend over backwards, and most of the time at the expense of myself and my family. This year I am including myself on my list of people not to "let down"! I recognize that even in this area I don't have a perfect record, but it is significantly better than my resolution record. I think it's gonna be a good year!
This year I have made a couple, just two, of well thought out promises to myself. Keeping promises is a big deal to me. I think of the lengths I go through to keep promises that I have made to others. I will bend over backwards, and most of the time at the expense of myself and my family. This year I am including myself on my list of people not to "let down"! I recognize that even in this area I don't have a perfect record, but it is significantly better than my resolution record. I think it's gonna be a good year!



No comments:
Post a Comment