Monday, January 5, 2009

Hooray!













I know I shouldn't be celebrating that my kids are back in school today, but I am!  I love them, I had a wonderful Christmas break with them with lots of fun and family time, but I am ready to get back to my normal daily routine.  I think they are ready too! The school did have a two hour start delay today that we didn't know about until the girls were in the driveway waiting for the bus.  Good thing our neighbor let us know! That was crazy.  There's nothing like getting the kids out the door for school to only have them come back in for a couple of hours, and then do it all over again!  Oh well, now they are gone, and I just caught myself waiting for them to get home... NOT!  The house is so quiet with just Sean and I, but it's okay.  I think I like that way, at least for several hours a day.  I did feel guilty about wanting the kids back in school for a few hours, but well, I am over it now!

3 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

We're back to school too. But I'll be even more excited when Parker is finished with half-day kindergarten. Kind of a drag driving to school 3 times a day. I'll be happy WHEN.... (JK)

Lisa said...

Sean looks a little excited to get them out the door and have Mom to himself too!

Jennifer said...

2 hour delay....definitely a bummer to have "do overs" on leaving for school :)