Friday, July 24, 2009

Flashback Fridays 2009-8

Can't believe that I am posting this picture, but this is me. I haven't a clue as to how old I was in the picture, maybe nine or so. My mom, bless her heart, use to MAKE us roll our hair. I think these are hot rollers, but often my Mawmaw (cajun word for Grandmother) Bernice would roll our hair with bobby pins and rags or little square tissues of spongy paper. As you can tell I'm not quite sure exactly how she did those bobby pin rolls, but I know it was not fun to have them put in. I remember sleeping a many of nights with a head full of bobby pin rolls. Not comfortable at all, and WOE what tight little curls would spring to life when my hair was released. Crazy times. I did vow NEVER to do this to my girls, and I have yet to make them sleep in curlers. LOL, but there's always tomorrow. Maybe this could be a new form of discipline.....NOT!!!!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Fun times! My mom loved to put my hair in those pink foam curlers and make me sleep on them...so uncomfortable! I had stick straight hair in those days though. I think some day I'll let Holly experience the curlers on your head all night long experience. It will make for a fun picture at least!

Brownie Bites said...

I just got finished rolling Sydney's hair in foam rollers. She asked me to do it. Curly hair in the morning. Yipee!

Jenn said...

I can't believe someone would ask to have their hair in rollers, and to sleep with them in. Amazing! It's all perspective!