While packing today I found a handwritten list that Erin composed entitled "Things to do when I'm 23". I found the list to be very cute, interesting, and guilt provoking. I LOVE the little glimpses into how my kids think.
1. Get married.
2. Get some pets.
3. Have a kid. (Notice she only wants one, so that kid doesn't have to share! Her words, not mine!)
4. Make some jewelry.
5. Tell my kid what is in my purse and in my room.
6. Get my kid as many webkinz as it wants.
7. Make popcorn for EVERY movie.
8. Play with kid whenever it wants too. :(
9. Make my kid whatever it wants for dinner.
10. Buy fairy books if it's a girl.
There you have it, life according to Erin when she is 23. I actually hope she gets all she wants. I wish she would marry later, and have kids later. She can have as many pets as she wants as long as she has to clean up the "potty" messes, and all the other "junk" that comes with them. For now, I think we will just stick to fish. As far as buying her kids whatever they want, allowing them to do whatever they want and eat what they want, and divulging the contents of her purse, well I think she will come around to "Momma's" way of thinking on these things. We all seem to do that sooner or later.



2 comments:
What a great list! That would make a great birthday present when she turns 23 too. I love reading back to journal entries from when I was a young girl....very funny stuff!
this will be so fun to share with her when she is a mom. perspective is reality! so funny...
Post a Comment