Friday, May 1, 2009

Completely Random!!!

Over Spring break we, minus Bill who had to work :[, and some friends went hiking to see Kent Falls in CT. I was great fun and even Sean and I could make the hike which means it was relatively easy! The girls took off their shoes and played in the freezing cold water, and Sean was happy to throw sticks and rocks in the water. In the end, Erin slipped on a wet rock while crossing and fell in! She was a real trooper, and I'm shocked that she never cried. She was very cold though, and her pants kept falling down because they were so wet and heavy!!!! 8D



In addition to all the normal stuff I do, I gave a talk in church this past Sunday as well as teach a Relief Society lesson. I don't mind doing either one, but it does take a little time to prepare even if you wait until Saturday night at 9 PM to begin both. I survived, and hopefully everyone else did too! Phew, glad that is over.
Most of our free time has been dedicated to yard work and preparing to plant our veggie garden. In our back, back yard we had a beautiful, albeit overgrown, flower and herb garden that Bill and I dug up. Kinda sad, but we need veggies. It was the best smelling weeding I have ever done. We did keep 2 chive plants. 2 basil plants, 1 rosemary plant, and an unidentified herb right between the basil. Sad to say , but out went about 12-15 other chives, dozens of lavendar, oodles of tulips and daffodils, lemon thyme, a huge sage plant, and loads of other unidentifiable (to me at least) flowers and herbs. We're hoping to till this weekend, and plant the beginning of next week. I should run out and take a before picture. I should have taken one of all the stuff we pulled up. Oh well.
Way more to say, but I don't want to bore you to tears! LOL! I know you just love to read the diary of the lives of our family! Oh, and BTW, I'm gonna bring back the "Flashback Fridays"! I loved those, and I find that I need a designated day to post pictures from the past or I just never seem to get a round to it! Later.......

No comments: