Yesterday she asked if we could cut some and put them in a vase inside the house. So today we did that, and Erin is in heaven. It must run in the family because Erin's Grandmother Dermody can remember her grandmother, Grammy, having lilacs in her home too! What sweet memories. Erin has already made plans of passing this love of lilacs on the her great, great granddaughter.
As for me, I also love the smell of lilacs. They are indeed beautiful. Now we just need to see what our daddy does when he gets home to vase full of aromatic lilacs. I think it will make him SNEEZE, just like Grandpa Dermody!!!! It must run in the family, from one generation to another!!!



3 comments:
I have to agree that it runs in the family. Lilacs are my #1 favorite flower. For Mother's Day, Scott brought me a bouquet with dark pink roses and purple lilacs. I even told Farrah (rather morbidly) that when the time comes for me to leave this earth, and if I could pick a month, that it would happen in May so that I can have lilacs all around my grave. Hopefully, that won't happen for a VERY long time, 'though!! I prefer to be surrounded by lilacs while I'm around to enjoy them!
I love lilacs! You guys are so lucky to have them in your yard. Enjoy the beautiful smell!
I LOVE lilacs!!! A total comfort smell for me!
Post a Comment