Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It is done...or at least started!

Today the kids and I finished planting the garden! What a long row to hoe or whatever that saying is!!! I keep thinking that it is finally done, but I do realize that is just the beginning of a lot more work. We are all excited to feast on the fruits (or veggies) of our labors. We planted:
tomatoes- several varieties
sweet peppers
jalapeno
cucumber
rosemary
chives
parsley
spinach
beans
rhubarb
asparagus
peas
broccoli
basil
cilantro
pumpkin
white pumpkin
little pumpkin
eggplant
yellow squash
zucchini
spaghetti squash
watermelon

Let's see what actually grows and yields food!  It is all so very exciting!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow - what a nice big garden you have. I am so jealous. Looks like you planted some wonderful things. You'll have a post your garden progress later in the season!

Brownie Bites said...

Holy Canoly. That is A LOT of planting. You will have a wonderful harvest. And what a beautiful garden plot. I love it!

Debster said...

I love your garden. We'll have to keep each other posted on our gardens. Is that a lilac bush I see? I am so jealous those are my very favorites. Give me a call!!!

Jocelyn said...

I love it! The Garden looks great! and what fun things to plant! {can you tell I'm a little jealous??}