Thursday, February 11, 2010

Groovaloo

Bill and I went to see an amazing, freestyle dance musical called Groovaloo. Ninety minutes of nonstop action coupled with amazing stories of how dance became the central focus of the performers lives. Groovaloo was inspirational and mesmerizing as the musical tells of one member who had a spinal cord injury due to a gunshot wound and was told he would never walk much less dance again. (I can assure you he does both, and he does each well. I saw him myself.) The creator of Groovaloo was on a path to becoming a doctor, like his father, and gave it up to dance. Others came from the streets. Some from broken families or from parents who criticized their dreams and told them to get "real" jobs. Through dance they were healed. If you have the chance you should see this show. Check out their website at www.groovaloo.com .

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow - those guys can move! Looks like it would have been a great concert - thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

They are amazing! My back hurts just watching them!