Monday, June 29, 2009

Twinkle Toes

Erin and I walked the whole entire mall today to find this particular pair of shoes. She just HAD to have them thanks to commercials that run on the kid's tv channels. Mercy. Who knew "Twinkle Toe Skechers" would consume most of my morning, and that only JcPenney would have them.
Just as I was explaining to Bill all about Twinkle Toe shoes Shannon saw Erin's shoes and said, "TWINKLE TOES, oh man. I want twinkle toes too! MOM!!!!!" Double mercy. Shannon doesn't NEED new shoes so we found a pair of Erin's old shoes in the closet that have lights and laces. She was happy with that. Phew! Another crisis resolved.
So it starts, sooner than I expected, the day when my kids want something particular. The day when the selection at the local Wal-Mart or Payless Shoes just doesn't quite cut it anymore! I'm shocked, and yet I hear it will only get worse. Well, I'm sure that is true, but shoes don't come without a price for either parent or child. Erin has to show she can take care of them, and since her last pair made it almost a year I'm not too worried. For me it's more that just the more expensive price tag, it's the wondering when to allow such purchases, and how much is enough or too much. I guess I'll just add this to my never-ending lists of things I wonder if I will ever figure out and get right, but for now I'm just happy that the shopping is over.... for today at least!

1 comment:

Kelly Tillotson said...

those are probably the coolest sneakers ive ever seen.
*pretty jealous*
i had glow in the dark converse as a kid that were pretty cool...but ya gotta love the bling!