
So, I am trying to play catch up with the blog. On the 17th of December our whole family went to a Faith in God activity with Erin. It was called Christmas Around the World. The kids teamed up in pairs, and they each chose a country. Erin and Tatiana presented Russia. It was fun to learn about Christmas in other countries, about their traditions, and I learned lots of things I didn't know. Hats off to Sister Karam and Sister Milewski who did a great job! Erin even stood in front of everyone, and talked with a microphone. Amazing!!! If I were a betting person, and I am not, I would not have laid money down on Erin speaking in front of a group of people. It was a little miracle for her, and we are proud that she worked hard, with Tatiana, and followed through even though it was WAY out of her comfort zone.
I have dear friends, the Pollards, who served a CES mission in Russia, and so we even have Russian ornaments that are stored in a traditional Russian nesting doll. Helping Erin with this assignment and talking about Russia so much has made me miss the Pollards. I should call them when I have a couple of hours to catch up with them. I'm not sure when that will happen? :( Russia celebrates Christmas on January 7th, so maybe I we will have a celebration. I am sure, with the help of the internet, I can find recipes of russian food to cook. I wonder if my kids would be interested in Borshch, russian beet soup? Hmmm? Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom - Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
That's an ineresting fact...that Russia celebrates Christmas on January 7th. My neighbors are Russian, I'll have to ask them if that's when they celebrate even though they are in the USA now.
Erin, that is a cool poster! I am so proud of you for being so brave while presenting your project to everyone! I love you! (And you look so pretty in that picture).
Also, a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sean. Looks like he likes cars as much as Jacob does!
Post a Comment