Yesterday Bill smoked a turducken. I bet some of you may be wondering what is a turducken? It's a mostly deboned turkey (you leave the legs and wings intact) stuffed with a duck which has been stuffed with a small chicken. Wow, but wait there is more, between each layer is a cajun seafood rice dressing. Yum, yum!It was a pleasant surprise when Bill called home from work one day with the news that he was bringing home a turducken! HA! No one else in his office knew what a turducken was, and well some of them may have even been a little grossed out by the whole idea of stuffing three birds all together. Bill gave them the 411 on the turducken, and it was decided that the bird(s) could go home with Bill. Now that's what I call a perk. I guess it pays to be from southern Louisiana, the birthplace of the turducken. It was really tasty, and we got to enjoy it with friends! YEAH!



3 comments:
If I could just keep the name straight it would all be good :)
I keep thinking it is Duturken :)
Regardless, it was yummy.
Wow. I can't believe we missed out on that!
It is a really big bummer that we miss out on things in each other's lives. Blogging helps with keeping in contact and informed, but it is a sad replacement for actual contact with our friends and family. Never the less, I love blogging and reading blogs! It will have to do! :)
Post a Comment