
Are you a person who gets these awful headaches called migraines?! I have had one for three days. I can dull the pain, somewhat, with loads of ibuprofen, but it never goes away. MERCY! I am beside myself. Loud noises, smells, lights, throbbing.....Anyone know any tricks other than the typical over the counter stuff and applying pressure to the headache pressure point? BTW, the pressure point works great for normal headaches, and sometimes really bad ones, but not this one. You just appy pressure to the indicated spot in the picture below. I use my thumb and forefinger on opposite sides of the point and squeeze together in a pinching like fashion for about 5-10 minutes. You can read more about how that pressure point works at
www.necksolutions.com . No luck with that tactic this time. I'm desperate here, and I am willing to do anything legal!!! LOL.
3 comments:
Sometimes a cold pack on the back of my neck at least helps to relieve the tension that builds up there when I'm fighting off a headache. I've also tried an essential oil called "mood magic." I think it kind of targets hormones (thus getting you in the mood when you use it for that) which is definitely not what you need right now, (although a little roll in the hay releases enough happy endorphins to get rid of a mild headache.) too much information!!!!! sorry. But if your migraine is related to hormones (like pms time) it helps to rub the "mood magic" essential oil along your hairline.
Wish I could take it away for you. Those are miserable. Have you tried the "migraine excedrin" pill. Sometimes that helps as well.
I wish I knew something that could help...I hate headaches, I couldn't imagine having one for more than a day. Usually when I have a headache I use one of those sacks filled with rice and herbs, or whatever is in them, that you heat up in the microwave. I get it really hot and the heat takes the pain away while it is on...really cold is good too, but it usually doesn't stay cold as long as it stays hot. Of course sometimes I get it too hot and have a burn on my face, but it helps me feel better.
I hope you feel better soon! Let me know if you need any help with anything.
"Mood" advice from Karin Brown! I never thought I would see the day... MERCY!!! I luv it! It is great advice!!! LOL Love ya!
Post a Comment