As many of you know I have lupus. I don't post about it too often, just every once in a while. Lupus has no cure. People, like myself, who suffer from lupus manage their symptoms with medications. Sometimes these medicines work, and sometimes they don't. This past November 20th marked the 50th anniversary of NO new medications approved by the FDA to specifically treat or perhaps even cure lupus. While I find this news depressing, I do look to the future with hope that the next 50 years will bring new research and medications to the lives of all of us, and our families and friends, who fight to conquer this autoimmune disease every day. The Lupus Foundation of America has a good page on their website entitled Zero in 50. I hope you will take the time to visit this page for more information about how you can help. Thanks, this is a cause near and dear to my heart.(Don't forget to turn down the sound on the Christmas music so you can hear this better. It is at the bottom of this page. Thanks!)



No comments:
Post a Comment