EpiPens are injectors of epinephrine, which is basically adrenaline. It is used when someone with an allergy has an acute allergic reaction, known as anaphylaxis. EpiPens reverse the dangerous reaction in time to get to an ER. EPIPENS CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE! We have EpiPens for Erin at home and school. I always have one with me or rather with Erin wherever she goes. I was shocked to learn that some people with severe allergies choose NOT to have EpiPens on hand ready to use for themselves or their children. I can't rap my mind around that one, but everyone has to make their own choices.
My purpose in this post today is to educate others on how to use EpiPens, particularly if you are going to be spending time with my Erin or anyone else who may need YOU to KNOW how to use one. Remember, my Erin has a fear of needles and at this point doesn't feel comfortable giving herself the injection. Erin will have to carry these pens with her for the rest of her life so hopefully one day she will conquer her fear, but until then, I will do what is needed because when it comes right down to it she really doesn't want to die. Using an EpiPen is simple and can be completed from start to finish in under 30 secs.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO VIEW THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE'S LIFE. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!! There is plenty of information on what the symptoms are that would require the use of an EpiPen, and it teaches you what to do from start to finish. Can you spare 3 minutes and 23 more seconds of your time to learn how to save a life today?



1 comment:
Wow - I had no idea. The wonders of Modern Medicine. Makes you so grateful!!!
Post a Comment