Tuesday, March 17, 2009

♣Happy St. Patrick's Day! (Part 2)♣

This morning I had visions of creating clever ways to trap leprechauns, making homemade sugar cookies cut in shamrock shapes slathered in green, cream cheese frosting with sprinkles, fresh do-it-yourself Irish soda bread, and then reality set in. Basically that means I took a trip to Wal-Mart and purchased cookies and soda bread, no leprechaun traps were even set, so no pot of gold for us, and I used the speed set method to prepare the Jell-o! That's just how it goes most of the time.
We had a great day and a great feast with corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, soda bread, green jell-o, green kool-aid, donuts, sugar cookies, See's milk chocolate leprechauns, and chocolate golden coins. Bill made it back from D.C. a couple of hours ahead of schedule so, we were able to all eat together as a family. Wahoo! It was a fun day! We even got to pinch Bill who didn't have on any green. The kids were pretty excited about that one...alright, alright, I like to pinch him too! ;) I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day too!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, you did more than I did. We had the corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes. I had every intent to make Irish soda bread, but didn't.... didn't even buy any!! Only treats we had were the ones that G'mother and G'pa brought over.

Anyway, I have a big exam this afternoon as an excuse... pray for me!

Looks like you had a good time!