Tuesday, March 17, 2009

♣Happy St. Patrick's Day! (Part 1)♣

♧Top o' the mornin' to ya!♧  We are in full St. Patrick's Day celebration mode here.  The girls started off with some green grits and green Kool-Aid.  I wanted to fix green eggs and ham, but the girls refused to even consider tasting green eggs.  Party poopers!  They are both wearing some adorable St. Patrick's Day shirts from Grandpa and Grandmother.  They look sooooo cute if I may say so myself, and I can because this is my blog. 
Sean is still asleep, and I'm about ready to throw my corned beef in the crock pot for a fantastic Irish feast tonight.  Shannon said that my job is to try and catch a leprechaun today while she is at school. She wants him to come to her birthday party (which she isn't having), and to give her all his gold at the end of the rainbow.  Maybe I can think of something cute to do to make her believe that a leprechaun came to our house today, maybe!  Be back later with more pics and stuff.....
(Can you tell that Shannon doesn't want to take this picture because, heaven forbid, she had to sit next to Erin!  Please, cry me a river! Haha!)

3 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

JENN! How do you cook your corned beef in the crock pot. I have a crock pot and a corned beef but not quite sure how to put them together.

Jenn said...

I just throw it in there with some water, about enough to almost cover it, and let it cook on low for about 7-8 hours. I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do it, but it always turns out tender and juicy.
I read today that you can cook on stove top, covered, over a medium to low heat for 3 to 4 hours with enough water to barely cover the top of beef. I've never tried this way, but it sounds similar to the crock pot way I do it.
My corned beef didn't have a spice packet, DRAT, so I am off to get some McCormick Pickling Sauce. This should be interesting, never tried it this way before, but that's what the almighty internet said to do. I could make my own, but I don't have all the ingredients. MERCY! It's always something.

Jennifer said...

the shirts are SO cute.

I read somewhere about making leprechaun catchers? A yeah...Family Fun magazine......of course :)