Monday, March 9, 2009

Tractor Shopping as husband and wife


On Saturday, Bill and I stopped into Home Depot to check out their tractors. A worker there gave us a copy of the 2009 Mower & Tractor Guide. How exciting, my favorite literature! We walked around looking at each model while Bill read the specs about each. Then, here comes the funny part, Bill asks me which one I like. Muaaahaha! Really? Well, orange is my favorite color so I really like this orange one, but then again I do like the yellow and white one with the blue and black trim because those colors really look good together. The whole green mixed with yellow and a picture of a deer on it just doesn't do anything for me, but hey, you wanted to know what I thought.
Bill looked at me with one eyebrow raised and a "are you kidding me?" look on his face, in a loving sort of way of course! Well, you asked me what I thought, and there, I've just let you have my deepest thoughts about tractors. I just really don't care what kind of tractor we get. Later Bill tells me that, this one has a 12" turning radius (What does that mean?), and that one has a 42" deck (What in the world is a deck?), the motor in this one is the same as the motor in that one and it cost $200 less (Wow, this is all so very engaging!), and so on and so forth. It didn't take me too long to figure out that well, there are some things husbands and wives should just not shop for together! I'll shop for dishes, pots, pans, kids clothes, drapes, and things of that nature, and well, my hubby, Bill, can take care of the tractors, ladders, chain saws, log splitters, and things in and of that nature. Yeah, I think that way will be the best!
Marriage is all about giving and taking, making compromises, and I am feeling so giving at the moment that I am just gonna hand all that tractor stuff over to Bill so he can get what he wants without worrying if it meets my color scheme approval. Sometimes a wife just has to do what a wife has to do to keep her hubby happy! It's all about him and his happiness after all........or in this case is it his happiness or mine? You can answer this question on your own with a trip, with your spouse, to a local Home Depot!

3 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

Soo funny and sooo true. Why are you buying a tractor?

Jenn said...

Tractor as in what I have always called a riding lawnmower. Our lot is just under an acre, so neither Bill or I want to mow it with the little push mower we have now. Plus, we just HAD to live on a wooded lot! Great shade with lots of leaves when they drop to the ground!

Jennifer said...

be sure that the tractor matches the curtains in the garage:)