Saturday, March 14, 2009

Halloween Candy

Do you have any Halloween candy left from last year? We do. Every year when the kids are done begging for sweets we come home and dump all the candy into one huge community bowl. Bill and I tax the kids pretty hard, and make them share with us too, it's our candy redistribution plan. Ask the kids how they feel about that plan? After a few days of complete sugar highs, we ease them off the goods and soon enough they forget about the candy.
This past year I dumped all the extra goodies into a box and stashed it at the top of a closet. Well, I just ran across it a few days ago, and there is still tons of Halloween candy left. So now I have a huge, bright pink bowl full of candy, and with Easter right around the corner I am wondering what to do with it. A friend of mine suggested taking it to our church Linger Longer, a twist on the name for a potluck dinner that is held right after church so the congregation can eat, linger, and visit with each other. I just may have to do that, bring that HUGE bowl of candy and redistribute it there. Isn't this nuts!? I mean who really has Halloween candy left in March?

3 comments:

Brianne said...

We still have a little left over too...but not that much! I think Scott and I ate most of Owen's candy too...he doesn't need that much sugar!

jillinatorx said...

jenn, this is the first time that i have left a message on a blog but i have let you know what we do in our house with all that candy. we also keep it in a big bowl on top of our fridge and at christmas time i give each kid an empty box (like a pop tart box or oatmeal box) on a cookie sheet, a bowl full of frosting and a bowl full of all the leftover candy and let them make their own gingerbread houses. they use the frosting to stick the candy on the boxes and then they write about their art work on an index card and we display them on our island or in our empty china cabinet and all our holiday visitors get to see their "art". it has been a tradition for about 5 years now and it gets rid of all the candy until halloween comes around. maybe you could try it. love jill

Jenn said...

Jill, I'm happy to have been your first blog comment! Wahoo! This is a great idea. I'm gonna do it. You rule! Thanks!