I won't bore you to tears with every little detail....just a few. Shannon is really into interior design and fashion activities. She wants to live in NYC, have her own store, decorate and design HUGE houses, and make clothes for famous people. Although Shannon and her friends spent some time on the Wii and doing other activities, most of the night was spent drawing floor plans and designing outfits. Gotta love how they scotch taped their work to the bedroom wall......NOT, but it's not a battle worth picking so there it will stay until....well, who knows long. Tonight as I watched the kids interact with their friends, listened to the sounds of my home at a very high decibel level, and just enjoyed being in the moment I said to myself, "Self these are the best of times." Even though my life isn't perfect, my kids fight and don't listen, my chores are never done, my dress size isn't what I would like it to be, and I certainly wish I had more answers to more questions, I love, love, love where I'm at. I wouldn't trade it for anything or anyone. I'm convinced that life is best lived through the little things. When I look at my little people I see big things, a big future, a big picture, and it gives me BIG joy and peace. Life is good!




1 comment:
Aw, Jenn, loved reading about your Friday night. My mouth was watering for pizza and those ooey, gooey chocolate chip cookies! Hahaha! And Yes, you truly are in the best of times!
Love you and love that little family of yours.
Post a Comment