Maybe I'm dating myself here, but does anyone remember the Dunkin' Donuts commercials from the 80s? When my alarm goes off every school morning the first thing to enter my mind is the old Dunkin' Donuts slogan "Time to make the donuts." Except for at our house it's "Time to make the pancakes." My girls eat pancakes and turkey bacon every morning before school. Every day minus the one day I take off each week and make them eat bagels, cereal, eggs, grits, or some other 'substandard' breakfast. I'm the meanest mom in the whole world.
Erin informed me last Monday that since I took a really long break from making pancakes over the Christmas vacation that I would have to serve pancakes everyday this week with no day off. Rude. Now I'm told, just this morning, that technically I had Monday off this week so this week doesn't count as an everyday week. Mercy.
So, now you can just call me the gourmet, professional pancake chef. I cook to order. Small ones for Sissy. Huge ones for Sean. Chocolate chip pancakes without syrup for Erin. Blueberry for Dad, although he doesn't eat pancakes very often. Whipped cream all around, if it's available, but as for me, well, I'm all burned out on pancakes. However, you can bet that tomorrow when the alarm goes off again that it will indeed be time to make the donuts pancakes once again.
Shannon's 'sun' pancakes or as she put it, "Is that a 'sun' pancake or the 'ugliest flower ever' pancake?"



2 comments:
Hahaha! Jenn, you know I remember the Dunkin' Donuts commercial! Oh, and I'm with Bill... I'll have a blueberry pancake... a huge one!
You guys are so cute! Love reading about what you are up to.
BTW - Your Christmas card got sent back - I must have an old address - will you email it to me and I will forward it to ya :)
Miss ya friend
nsteed88(at)yahoo(dot)com
Post a Comment