Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

With the new year comes that nasty "R" word, resolutions, for many people, but not me. I gave up setting resolutions that begin on January 1st long ago. I do plan to continue with some of the goals that I set during last year. I'm happy with my progress and I am looking forward to working on some specific small steps to keep me focused on my plans.

Christmas was wonderful. I wish I could freeze time and live in the moments of this past week and a half. I am not looking forward to life returning to normal life on Tuesday with the kids heading back to school and Bill back to work. Bill had the whole week off and we really capitalized on some serious family time. By the way, just for the record, you should all know that I am the reigning 10 pin, Wii bowling champion. Yep, I hold the record....me and my Mii, who is named The Queen.

Now, as part of our birthday gift to Grandmother Dermody, we begin 28 days of non-stop, daily blogging about grandkids and the happenings of the Dermodys on the opposite side of the country. So for our first post of the new year, some pics from Christmas. Happy early birthday, Grandmother! Drum roll please...........

Sean, the red-nosed reindeer.



The 'loot' after a trip to Toys R Us to cash in those gift cards. Thank you!



The force is strong with this one.




(He looks thrilled, don't you think?)


From our family to yours, we hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a blessed and safe New Year.

No comments: