Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. 
John F. Kennedy

How about these cute little turkeys and hats we made! They are even yummy too with oreo cookies, peanut butter cups, whoppers, candy corns, ginger snaps and lots of frosting. I made some for my VT ladies, but sad to say I didn't feel well enough to deliver them! Sorry, life has a way of doing that to me more often than I would like! :)

Just a little about what we are up to today.  We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or better yet, I watched the parade with occasional company.  The kids are busy driving us crazy, their #1 job.  Bill is smoking the Thanksgiving turkey.  I'll whip up some mashed potatoes and gravy so we can join dear friends for the annual feast later tonight.  It is all so very exciting, isn't it?  We are living the good life.  Just as a reminder to our families, the cell phone situation has still not been rectified.  MERCY!  As we try to get in touch with each other today, that will need to be done on Bill's cell number.  Send an email or add a comment if you need that number.  I think everyone has it already!  :) Mom and Daniela, your number is stored on my dead phone so I have no idea how to get a hold of you! :(  We hope you are all enjoying the day with friends and family.  From our house to yours, may you realize how dear you are to us, how much we love you, how you inspire us to be better, and how we could never live without ya!

This is Turkey Erin. Yup, we put her in a roasting pan naked, but look how cute she is! 
Gobble! Gobble!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

What cute turkeys...the candy ones and the baby Erin turkey! Sounds like your viewing of the parade was the same as mine. Owen occasionally came in when some music was on and started dancing around..then he would leave again. I hope you had a great dinner...Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

I especially like the little carrot placed on the middle of Erin's back. Ha, ha! Great picture.

You just gave me a good idea for making fun Thanksgiving treats next year.

We missed you today. Hope you all had an enjoyable holiday. Smoked turkey sounds wonderful!