Even though it may be hard to believe, I just barely had an opening in my time to read "Breaking Dawn"!!!!! I had my "Mom's Night Out" last night. AHHHHH, it has been a while since I have had some alone time. I got my hair cut, grabbed a lobster roll for dinner, and settled in under a grocery store street light to finish the book. It was heavenly to have some quiet time and uninterrupted reading time. Alright, so reading in your car is not as comfortable as being sprawled out on the sofa or stretched out in your bed, but for me it was refreshing. Another revelation, I don't really care for lobster rolls or lobster, I would rather eat king crab, hmmm you learn something new everyday. I am not saying I am going to pass on lobster all together, but it just isn't my first choice. Back to the topic, while I really liked the book, it wasn't what I expected. I liked the unpredictable twists and turns, but for me, it was a little too, what's the word I am looking for, maybe "fluffy!" I guess I wanted more of a thriller book that would have me looking over my shoulder at every little sound that penetrated my "reading zone." What I got was a whole lot of mushy, gushy, lovey-dovey stuff. I still love the "Twilight" series, but I feel a little, what's the word again, maybe "crestfallen" in the end. I don't want to elaborate because I know some of you haven't read it yet, and even though I wish it would have ended differently, I would still recommend it. So there you have it, my mixed up view of "Breaking Dawn."



2 comments:
I often find myself reading in the bathroom even though it's not comfortable...it's just a great place to hide from the husband and the son! I'll have to remember the car under the street light though!
The McDonald's a couple of miles down the road from our home has the brightest nighttime reading light. My microbiology teacher thought it was amazing that I used to go study there after our evening class. She ended up writing one of my recommendation letters for my nursing program application!
Post a Comment