Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Do I dare confess to having seen Mamma Mia, twice now, in 4 days!? I so love this movie. I am totally addicted, and I even own the soundtrack, silly me. I will so be waiting in the parking lot for the doors of Wal-Mart to open to purchase this movie, the very morning it is released to DVD.
I totally love Meryl Streep in this movie, and I am not usually a big Meryl fan. To me, and these are my opinions because this is my blog LOL, Meryl was enchanting and fun to watch. I could do without Pierce Brosnan's singing though. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. He is a good actor, but it is weird to see James Bond breaking out into song. He reminded me of Antonia Banderas in Evita, both were good, but maybe in a little over the heads doing a musical. I do have to say, on behalf of both of these men, they are gooood-looking "eye candy"!!! If you know what I mean! ;)
So there you have it, my thumbs up for Mamma Mia! I know some of you have other opinions, and I find them to be quite entertaining. After all everyone has a right to their own opinions, but some of you are wrong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you are one amazing woman! How do you fit in movies and books along with three kids?

I have not seen this movie and had no desire to until I heard that Meryl Streep was in it. I have loved her in just about everything. This clip makes me want to see it even more. It's even funnier to know that Meryl is in her 60's! I want to be like that when I'm that age.

Guess I'll have to get hubby to babysit so that I can have a girl's night out!

Jenn said...

For me, it is all possible because of the sweet man I am married to! He has learned that the old saying of "If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" is true. I am blessed.

Brownie Bites said...

No way is she in her 60s. I mean, I know she is...but...really?!? That is awesome.

Jennifer said...

What can I add other than.... AMEN. I listen to the soundtrack everyday. I see the movie once a week. And I am saving my money to purchase the DVD exactly two seconds before you do :)

Anonymous said...

Your opinion is RIGHT on this one, Jenn!! I saw this last night and I can't get the songs out of my head! C'mon over to my blog. I'll be posting MY opinion there shortly...